Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Greetings from Seattle

Hi
I finally made it. The plane only left 3 hours late. To all those people who made comments about the Qantas plane falling apart, and me saying that it would all be fine, I apologise. There was something wrong with the hydrolic brakes. I guess it is better that they found out before we left as opposed to after!

The flight was pretty good, as well as long haul flights go I guess. I had the row to myself for the first half of the flight. I felt pretty guilty, as the people behind me had 3 strangers all together in the row. A lady moved to the aisle seat in my row about half way through, I wasn't too concerned. The middle seat was still free, so I could stretch out a bit.

Anyway, made it to LA without dramas. Got through customs much easier than expected. I thought they would go through my luggage and play 20 questions. But I got through without being stopped, not as if I had anything to declare - so it wouldn't have been a problem anyway. The flight to Seattle was fine. LA airport is a bit of a dump though.

So that brings me to Seattle. Beautiful city, a lot like Melbourne. Old buildings mixed in with cutting edge technology. I did a behind the scenes tour of the Seattle Central Library this morning, oh my god that place is amazing. I fell in love with the place. Unlike Brisbane Square, they designed all the floors separately. I won't go into too much detail, but have a look on the web for photos (or check some of mine out below). Pretty amazing. Got to love the red section!

I also did an Underground tour of Seattle today. This shows the history of Seattle, and how it was rebuilt after the great fire of around 1889. http://www.undergroundtour.com/ I also did the Space Needle last night. I am going to do Pike St Fish Market, the Seattle Centre and Ride The Ducks tomorrow http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/

The hotel here is great! Free internet access. Wasn't expecting that. jetlag is catching up with me, it is only 5pm here, but I think I will go out and grab some dinner, and then have an early night.

Will blog again soon. Here is a photo of the Space Needle taken yesterday. Will post some more tomorrow hopefully.
Kel.

4 comments:

leany17 said...

So glad you arrived there safely, shame about the delay though. Look forward to seeing the photos.
Take care
Leanne

Locam said...

So glad you made it in one piece. You seem to be very busy. Keep up the blogging. I am really enjoying your holiday.

Sleepydumpling said...

Ooh I am so jealous, I missed Seattle!

LAX is a hole isn't it? I had to sit there for SIX HOURS. Yes, SIX HOURS. I was exhausted, it was dirty and I read every magazine that I had.

Puchilandia said...

KelsBels - looks great..seeing you are in Seattle is the grunge seen still happening circa 1993? Miss my metal!

Looking forward to more stories:)